Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29th 2011

Well thanksgiving has come and gone. It was awesome had all three of my kids here plus my grand daughter and son in law, nephew bug, and then my sister and the rest of her family stopped in for desert and to deliver a christmas tree!!! Its been interesting having the kids here for so long after five years of them living with their dad for school. I LOVE IT!!!
Lynn and I are discovering boundaries. She is at the age of figuring out who she is and who she wants to be so there are times when the attitude needs to be turned down. She will grow out of it. Christmas is going to be awesome in many ways. We have a beautiful tree and lights already. There will be home made gifts only under our tree. I hope that goes over okay with the girls. I want them to understand that Yule is about much more then they ever knew before. Its not about Jesus or God in this house. I know it is in their dads so I will respect their beliefs completely. But I don't have money to pay for gifts in true christian fashion. I am pagan and I celebrate this time of year a bit differently then most people. I want the girls to learn about it and see that it isn't evil. They can make up their own minds as to what religion or faith they wish to follow. If any.
This should be a lesson in respect and open mindedness for all of us!! I am very excited about sharing my beliefs with the girls. Now that they are old enough to trully understand. I won't shove it down their throats. I never have. And if they don't want to hear about it they don't have to, but they will respect my faith as I respect theirs.

Happy Yule to you and yours




No comments: