Monday, October 31, 2011

Its Halloween!

And for the first time in five years my youngest daughters are with me! Its amazing to see how much they change and grow each day into the wonderful women they will someday be. Not to say they are not wonderful kids, because they trully are. I am so hopeful for their futures being bright as the sun. They have such talents and wonderful personalities! I feel so lucky that they decided to stay with me this year. I do feel for their dad. I guess we kind of blind sided him with their decision. He doesn't take these kinds of things well. I cannot how ever focus on that. I have to focus on making sure the girls are healthy and happy and have lots of experiences that help them grow into adults of the finest order. Kids cannot grow up to be productive members of society if they are hidden away from the world and only allowed to go to school or go no further then the mail box. A mail box which is at the end of a very short drive way. Do I worry about their safety. Absolutely! But I cannot allow my fears to stunt their growth. They must be allowed to experience life! They must be allowed to make mistakes and  do bad things. How else will they learn the lessons we all learned? People don't learn by being told. Jeez what a different and very boring world it would be if that were the case. Right now the girls are out with Jim trick or treating. I didn't want them to go alone and I do not do well walking in the cold so Jim said he would go. They walked thru the cemetary to the neighborhood on the other side of it. Their father would never have done that! Or let them go with someone to do it. They have also been to a homecoming dance, and Lynn went to a halloween party saturday night. The parents picked her up and brought her home. Sierra goes to the neighbor boys house at least twice a week to play video games. They are both teenagers. I know that I can trust Sierra though. She has no interest in even having a boyfriend let alone kissing one. She actually thinks about becoming a nun. Then again she also thinks of becoming a cop. Go figure! I told her that she could do what ever she wanted to do and that her father would be proud of her. She doesn't beleive me she thinks she has to do what would make her dad happy or he will continue to not talk to her. I think thats the saddest thing I ever heard. Of course he is proving her point by having no communication with them for over a month now. Makes me so mad. Again I cannot focus on that. This family is going places and my girls are the most important! That includes my oldest daughter and grand daughter too. Aryana will be one year old on November eighth! Holy crow time flies!
Happy Halloween Everyone!!
Brightest Samhain Blessings !!

No comments: