Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekender

Friday the girls and I headed over to Whidbey Island via the Ferry. That was cool it has been awhile since we got to ride the ferry. Expensive though so it will be awhile again before we get that treat. We got to the cabin and Lynnie immediately had to have some crab. So we had crab and sat and visited. Then I made spagetti for everyone. My folks were there and Scott and Kelli came over with there huge ass motor home and 14 foot boat. Then the next day Vicki and Brian showed up. The first night was fun and relaxing and the second night started out that way then I went to bed because Brian got kind of an attitude and I didn't want to say something. SOooooo, It was about 1:30 am and I hadn't fallen asleep yet, I hear this crackling and snapping and popping. I think to myself what the hell is that?? SO I go and look out the door of the cabin and what to my wondering eyes does appear. Brian had built the fire up hugely and was sitting and drinking a beer. No one else was around. The flames are licking at a tree right close to the fire pit because he had it so high. Huge sparks were flying off of it and landing too close to the brush. Well he decided right when I was watching to walk his happy ass up the hill to his trailer. Um, Scuse me!! DUDE!!!! Ya left a roaring ass fire down here ya wanna come on back now and help me put it out. Of course not! So I go in the room and get dressed more appropriately to go out side and walk my not so happy ass out the fire pit with some water and grabbed a shovel. Twice I had to throw dirt and water and that bitch to get it down to a safe point. And then I find out from my dad that when he woke up around 4:30 am to take a whiz out his trailer door, he saw the fire and it was actually going pretty good again.
This incident upset me just a bit. Every time I go to the cabin I end up having to baby sit someone. Saturday I was afraid to go to sleep because of the damn fire and it being so dry and its real hard for fire service to get down to there. It would have just seriously sucked to watch the cabin go up in flames. Yes I am just a bit pissed with Brian. Vicki sister I am not so sure about your choice in husbands. I actually agree with mom. He does NOT need to drink !!
Of course I might feel differently if I was a partier. Unfortunately ..hmm scratch that, fortunatley I have learned who I can and cannot relax around. I know who I will need to baby sit and who I won't need to worry about at all. Needless to say, we came home yesterday and stopped by Grant and Katies on the way home as we had to drive around because of all the activity on the island this weekend. That was cool though because we don't get to see them very often. I damn near tried to find Sharnado but I stopped myself and just went right on through Oak Harbor. I wish I had taken another number with me though as I would have loved to have met Phyllis!!!! Next time Phyllis:)
*********
Went for testing this morning and I didn't qualify ( according to them ) to work in the call center, but I do qualify for technical, construction, and warehouse. Um, YEAH RIGHT. WTFE. I am trying really hard not to give up on this finding a job thing. I'm not even released to go to work but I can not live on 630.00 a month. I can't even afford to pay rent some where with that and still have power and stuff. FUCK!!! Derek told me to keep heart though and keep trying. It just means that there is something else out there for me. I know its true but I can't help feeling a bit dismayed and disappointed right now...
********
But when I count my blessings I realize that as Mae West used to say, Too much of a good thing can be really nice.

No comments: