Friday, November 11, 2005

Blahger part Two

Don't know what it wrong with me. I can't seem to shake the sleepies.
Of course I am taking a sleep aid. Its not helping me get to sleep it is just making me stay asleep. I need to take it way earlier then an hour before I want to sleep as it is still taking me hours and hours to get to sleep.
Anyway, I didn't get up until 12:00 today. The kids didn't have school of course because it is Veterans Day... THANKYOU TO ALL OUR MEN AND WOMEN WHO GIVE/GAVE SO MUCH OF THEIRSELVES FOR OUR FREEDOM AND INDEPENDENCE. THERE IS NO THANKYOU THAT CAN BE SAID LOUD ENOUGH OR LONG ENOUGH OR ANY MULTITUDE OF TIMES TO EXPRESS HOW GREATFUL THIS COUNTRY IS FOR YOUR DEDICATION AND HARD WORK. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO EXPRESS THE SORROW FELT BY THIS NATION FOR THE LOSS OF LIVES SPENT FIGHTING FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVED IN.THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, AND THANKYOU. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF THANKYOUS.....You know when I was growing up I always felt this huge respect for men and women who served in the services. I never have figured out why, that even at a very young age I felt so strongly that they deserved every respect they could be given. When I was three and half I saluted a soldier that came into the hospital to visit with another child. No one had ever shown me that. No one ever told me about it, I had never seen anyone do it. But I did, and he saluted me right back with a huge smile on his face.
I don't know what it is. There is just something so regal about a soldier male or female. Something indescrible that sets them apart from the rest of us. Is their bravery? Is it their disipline? Is it something that comes over them as soon as they put on that uniform for the first time, and sticks with them even when they are naked? Is it something they were born with? I don't know what it is. But I am sure glad they have it, each and every one. To anyone out there who is in the services, thankyou so very very much. When I sleep I sleep easy knowing that my children are safe because of all of you........

Have a great Veterans Day everyone. NEVER FORGET!

No comments: