Thursday, April 14, 2005

poetic memories

While sorting and packing I happend upon some poetic memories.
I have a ton of those blank books that my mom and aunts bought me so long ago to write my poems and thoughts in.
I decided to glance through the one I found at the bottom of the closet.
I want to share with you a poem that I wrote when I was 17.
I think most of you will get a kick out of it.

WOMAN
Woman,She's an angel in truth,
a demon in ficion,
A womans the greatest of all contradictions,
She's afraid of a cockroach, she'll scream at a mouse.
But she'll tackle a husband as big as a house.
She'll take him for better, she'll take him for worse.
She'll split his head open, then be his nurse
and when he is well and can get out of bed
she'll pick up a teapot and through it at his head.
She's faithful. deceitful,keen sighted and blind
she's crafty, she's simple, she's cruel, she's kind.
She'll lift a man up, she'll cast a man down
She'll make him her hero, her ruler, her clown.
You fancy she's this but you find that she's that
for she'll play like a kitten, and fight like a cat.
In the morning she will in the evening she won't
and your always expecting she will but she won't.


By DJY

No comments: