Sunday, December 26, 2004

Fire ! Fire! FIre!

I am sooo not good with FIRE!
We almost had one today ! The house could have burned to the ground!
(okay that is just a little of the drama queen in me coming out again,)
(where did I put that damn tiara??someone kiped it I know they did!!!!)
Anyway back to the near ruination of my beautiful(huge lie) home.
I had just woken up and it was early for me,(10:30am) I was sitting on my bed watching my kiddos open their present from me and suddenly their was a medium loud POP and a spark went flying out of the baseboard heater, I watched for a moment (frozen in terror) to calmly see if anything would come of it. Notta, zip, zilch, zero, nothing. So I went about picking up the few things that where on my bedroom floor (eh hem,couldn't see color of carpeting,figured it was time) and suddenly I hear a medium loud POP, and there is another spark flying across the room (maybe three inches) and I again stare calmly(more terrified then before) to see if anything will come of this spark,(oh dear god will there be MORE???)
Nothing happens.....I decide that I should turn off the heater as this will prevent further sparks,( I am trully about to run from the house screaming FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!) I go to turn off said heater and POP there goes a humungo spark the size of a comet (maybe perhaps as big as the head of a penny nail) I call my dad immediatley and calmly (call to dad goes as follows )( ring ring (dad :hello ) (queen: OMIGOD DAD GET OVER HERE NOWWWWWWW) ) Queen hangs up> dad comes running over thinking that someone needs cpr and finds said queen standing in middle of king size bed holding phone and staring at heater.> dad says "what the hell is going on over here?" Queen says calmly(practically screaming) that the heater has been throwing sparks and did in fact do so after being turned off..Dad says " well thats impossible {QUEEN} it can't do that" "It dad I swear it did and I think it is even hotter now" Dad says "don't be silly" as he reaches down to check out said possesed heater. Dad " well that sure is hot ( HOLY CRAP WHATS WRONG WITH THIS THING!!!!)" (hmm I sonder where my drama royalty came from??) Dad calmly goes to make sure that the heater is turned down, it is and this makes him curious (shout at queen that the heater is broken and CANNOT be turned back on no matter how cold it gets) I remind dear father that the heater has not turned off as it was told to do.(actually yelled this bit of info and a loud and screeching tone) Dad walks (runs) next door to get his handy dandy tool kit) comes back after a few minutes (seconds) and does something to the wires so that the heater is no longer getting juice,( wires are now hanging out for all to grab hold of and have there world rocked to the core! So I let my daughter know quite calmly( yelling loudly in her face that if she touches it she will die!) that she shouldn't go near it as it is dangerous. We then left the house to go to my aunts where I constantly worried that I would come home to ashes and a burt corpse for a dog, hamster,2 parakeets, two finches , and some boiled goldfish.

No comments: