Monday, December 20, 2004

In Memory Of My Beautiful Berta

My Beautiful Berta,
You where the sunshine that I looked forward to seeing every time I went to work.Your smile rivaled the light of every star in the sky.
Your laugh would traverse the room and soon every mood was lighter.
The things that you taught me even in your silence will never be forgotten or dismissed.
The teddy bears we all gave you will go on to give abused children comfort.
The seeds from the flowers in your garden will continue to bring beauty into the world you have left behind.
The kindness and love in your eyes will be a cherished memory that will help us all keep going in our darker moments.
You taught school in 1908 in a one room school house,teaching all grades at once!
The skills you developed as a teacher stayed with you for the remainder of your days, you found a way to communicate with all of us without speaking or even pointing to the object that you wanted, Your eyes expressed everything with a slight tilt or nod of your head.And the smile that came to your face when we got it right!
Words cannot express how much you gave to me just by being you, words cannot express how much I love you and how much I will miss you.
I know that you are happy now Dancing and singing and god is probably thinking with a wink " lady please be quite."!!! I am sure you are talking everyones ears off after so many years of almost total silence. I will see you eventually when it is my time to return home, which I hope is not for a very long time!!!
I am sure you understand that! I love you Berta and I will miss you so very very much.
In the meantime I will carry you in my heart always and thoughts of you will brighten my every day!

When God closes one door he opens another.

until it all ends,
Hey You!

No comments: