Sunday, December 19, 2004

The hunt for strawberry chapstick

Yes the hunt for strawberry chapstick!
It is of utmost importance! You see, My niece lived with me for awhile when she was three years old.At the same time my best friend also lived with me and he LOVES strawberry chapstick, and always had some in his pocket,well one day my niece had dry lips and she said they hurt so my friend put some strawberry chapstick on her.About two hours later she went up to him and patted his pocket,(Now this is signifigant as for the first week or two she would barely look at him and was still pretty much avoiding him at this point)and she said "a straw berrY Unka D?"
Well he melted right there on the very spot.(seriously it took me forever to clean up the mess) And gave her some more strawberry!
Well it was bedtime after that and she went to bed after giving everyone kisses,(including my friend/for the first time!)
The next morning she woke up bright and early and came downstairs and pulled his blanket back and patted his pocket,"a straw berrY unka D?"
Well he of course gave her some and then he made her breakfast and they were absolutely insperable after that. Seriously if either one of us went to leave she screamed and threw a hairy cat fit.
Anyway he ran out of strawberry chapstick and we haven't been able to find any since...
It is christmas and I REALLY wanted to find some and send some to my friend and some to my niece.
I went to the dollar store today and they had boxes and boxes of the stuff!
So I bought 23! I have sent 8 to my friend and two to my niece.
She's five she doesn't need more then two at a time.
But for the next several months I am going to send one to each of them!
Ah memories, I am so crying right now!
hold on....ah thats better.
A little strawberry chapstick will fix anything.

What a wonderful way for this christmas to have worked out.
Thankyou Lord... and thankyou Santa Claus! I know you both had a lot to do with it..........

No comments: