Tuesday, December 28, 2004

on suing McDonalds

I had a most interesting day, I drove for an hour and a half to Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island to pick up a friend and take her to the doctor, she promised to give me gas money for this trip, and she really needed to go to the doc so I figured I would be a pal and take her. When I get there she informs me that she does not have gas money for this little journey we are taking.( I have to drive her an hour and a half back to my town to get her to the Doctor) I figure what the hell and give her a ride anyway, and she promised that she would borrow the money from someone to give me gas money to fill my quickly draining gas tank. So we drive all the way back here and she goes in to see her Doctor, I take my children to McDonalds as they are starving to death. ( or so they swear to god and jesus) And they play on the toys as we wait.
Then as we are leaving I step off a curb that I didn't know was there and quickly land upon my right knee and face.(Oh god does this hurt) There was no sign to watch for this step and if you are not paying attention to your feet you can easily miss this step. I wonder how many other people have taken the same trip as I did today? So anyhow I get to my car, whining the entire way with concerned children in tow. I get to my car and realize that I cannot bend my knee without excrucheating (SP) pain. So I reach for the cup my daughter still has in her hand and promptly call the 1 800 number for customer service. I ask who I can talk to about falling off the step and hurting myself, the very nice woman asks me for a bunch of info and I tell her said info, she then tells me that she is sorry that this happened and that someone will be contacting me within 24 hours. I gave her my phone numbers and we disconnected. I am wondering if anything will come of this? I am wondering if I should indeed sue them? I don't want to be mean or anything like that I just want my medical paid for as I am still in terrible pain and as I sit here now I am still debating going to the hospital to have my knee exrayed and possibly receive some pain relieving medications. ~ As for my friend, she cannot drive so I had to drive for another hour and a half to get her back to Oak Harbor and then another hour and a half back home, my neighbor was kind enough to come along to keep me awake and all but she also cannot drive. When I got my friend back to her hotel room I asked if she had been able to borrow any money since I was now dangerously close to not getting home ( EMPTY)
She said she was unable to get the money,(even after using my cell phone and taking up much precious time ) Even after I GAVE her the two dollars she needed to buy a pack of cigs, even after I gave her some food off my shelf that she could heat up in the microwave in her room, she said she didn't have the money.I am soooo tired and in so much pain, I wanted to strangle this friend of mine. I found it incredibly unbelieveable that she would promise to pay me back the two dollars and give me twenty for gas when I got her home, and then she didn't produce such funds. I would have been alright with her giving me the three dollars she had before buying cigs. Then ,I almost forgot this tidbit, she had the audacity to call one of my friends and ask to borrow money from her so that she could get her scripts filled, and when my friend told her that she was at work and her money was in the bank, sponge bob says to my friend Nej "well do you trust thequeen with your atm card. " Nej says to spongebob yes I do but I don't have 60 dollars to spare. So then spongebob asks Nej " well can I borrow 50?" SHEESH lady get the point! So anyway as we get talking I learn through a classic spongebob slip up that her meds only cost her 28$ and she was just trying to get extra for incidentals.!!!!!!!! This woman is expecting a truck load of money from another friend in North Carolina tomarrow but she feels the need to borrow EXTRA from MY friend!!!! I wanted to scream!!!! So now I have to feel guilty about spongebob trying to panhandle my friends as Nej was not the only unfortunate victim.
I have a friend in Mississippi who was also called, spongebob was even going to ask buttmans mom for a loan. All so she could have money now. I asked spongebob when she thought she might be able to pay me back for the expenses of the day and she told me that if I can come out there tomarrow that she could probably do it then. I HAVE NO GAS!!!!!!! I barely made it home. And now I have no way of doing the things that I need to do as I drove my poor car for six hours today just to get her to a DOCTORS appointment which incidentally could have been made with a Doctor in OAK HARBOR!!!!!! I will be telling more about spongebob in future blogs, but I will start at the beggining with the next post I do about her. Should make for some interesting stories as she is also commonly referred to as SHARNADO (I love this littel nic that I made up for her as it so richly deserved) by all who know her.

4 comments:

gal artist said...

That doesn't sound like a real friend, real friends don't use others. I HAD a friend like that, I ended up cutting all ties with her, because she was sucking me dry.

gal artist said...

p.s. I'm sorry you got hurt, I hope your knee feels better soon.

Queen on the run said...

I think I need to make better decisions when it comes to picking my friends!!!! However she is going through a very hard time and I just can't walk away I tried.
I will be explaining more later.

Hot water, hmmm, sounds relaxing actually! I wish I had a hot tub :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks smokey smurf! I wish I was closer :)