Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Simple Pleasures

i'dee'r stolen (ehem) borrowed from LILLY.

Wet pavement on a warm spring day.
Dewy roses ( the old fashionends that smell so lovely)
Wet puppy noses and kisses and oh that puppy smell!
Kittens playing in the grass for the first time.
Coffee brewing in the morning ( No I don't drink it but I love the smell and the sound of the coffee pot)
Hot Steamy Showers for no reason other then just standing there relaxing.
Swimming in the river in the middle of summer, naked!
waking up to three pairs of arms hugging me
the sound of laughter from the other room
the sun coming through the piano window
The kitchen full of light in the evenings while I cook for my family
the smell of dove body lotion
the color of the sky when its not quite dark yet but the sun is gone
the moonlight on my bedroom wall
the way the tooth brush feels against my gums
washing my hair (everyday)
washing the dishes ( I love to do this)( and now there is DAWN with BLEACH ALTERNATIVE!)
Reading Poetry
singing at the top of my lungs anywhere
walking in sand
watching the sky on the fourth of July
Having no one to answer to
Mt. Dew in the morning ( especially when its delivered right to my bedside by my bestfriend!)
holding my doggie
when kajun actually crawls up on me and lets me hold him and pet his ears. ( normallly kajun is very tempramental.)
A few hours of peace every night.
When I can do something for someone and they don't know I did it!! ( heh heh)
Writing
reading blogs, sometimes this is a HUGE pleasure!!!!
a lilac scented breeze
eating a meal with family
getting my hair cut
when I know my bills are paid and I have ten extra dollars to do something with
praying in my way
getting to know new people
loving
hugging
holding
sharing
*************
I have decided what I want to do with my life. Ever since I was a little little girl people have told me that I have a way with animals. Which I do, though a tad less then I did when I was a kid.
I want to help animals and people. Everytime I watch animal rescue shows I want to jump through the tv and lend a hand. I want to rescue animals from bad situations. I want to help them get help. I especially want to help people who love their animals but cannot afford to take care of them as well as they would like, or they just don't know what they should be doing. I see it alot on animal hero's and animal police, and all the aspca shows. I was hymmin and hawin about it and then I read a very special post that Steel Cowboy did. God works in mysterious ways for sure for sure. I don't know if I need to go to school at all to work with the aspca, I don't know if I need to volunteer first for awhile, maybe I need to take a few classes that they require, Whatever it is, I am going to find out as much as I can online right now. Then I am going to make phone calls in the morning and figure it out. I don't care where I have to move to. I don't care what I have to do period. I want to do this. More then I have ever wanted to do anything.
I have been working with and living with animals my entire life. I have alot of experience with horses. I believe I have alot to offer to any animal rescue. Especially the desire to make a difference. Okay gotta go check that out.
Happy Happy everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: