Sunday, January 23, 2005

Memory is a fickle thing!

I was thinking last night and I was trying to remember a conversation I had had with my sister.I then realized that I have a terrible memory when it comes to things that are of a verbal nature.I talked to my sister, who is a veritable information sponge and remembers the conversations we had when we first met 13 years ago word for word! She had asked me about a particular conversation and I asked her where were we when we had this conversation? She said."at the house on such n such street in Centralia" I said "what room where we in?" She said"my bedroom"
I said "okay and ST had just gotten out of bed and the blankets where thrown back and we sat on the bed and St's shoes where on the floor and the light was coming in the windows in such a way that it was blinding you and you had to put a blanket up and you knocked down the plant haning in the corner between the windows and got dirt all over your bed." She looked at me so strangly and said " I don't remember that" and I said."well I don't remember the conversation!" We just looked at eachother for a moment and then burst into gales of roaring laughter.
Cut from half of the same cloth ( same mother) and we have completely different memory styles! If we could but combine our minds we would be brilliant!( more so then we already are! hee hee hee) We would be scary! She does scare me as a matter of fact she can remember entire conversations and I rember hardly nothing of conversations, she can tell you WORD FOR WORD every conversation she has ever had I SWEAR TO GOD! I can't tell you what I talked about yesterday.I can tell you how the sun looked as it came through my window, I can't tell you what I ate, or what I did other then I remember going to get money from Dave, and I think we talked about T's school...hmm not sure.anyway I can tell you what her house looked like yesterday and that I noticed she had cleaned it..It was like that in school too, I never listened to the teacher, I just read the book and did the work and if we watched a film I would take notes. Come test time I would picture the book in my mind and the page and derive my answer.When T studies she has to read outloud and does better when she dicusses the text with someone, she then recalls the conversation and derives her answer.Funny how memory works!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thankyou Mr. Johnny Carson for all the laughs and late night fun!
You will be missed.
See ya on the other side!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was online looking for info on cutting and stumbled across an interesting site and a horryifying site. The interesting site was called bloodclub and it is a message board kinda thing for some fairly strange individuals, I found a page that was ten clues or red flags that your neighbor is a cannibal! The one that really cracked me up was ( you aks your neighbor for a beer and he says "right there in the fridge next to Steve") and (Your neighbor is single but at his garage sale he has men and womens clothes and shoes in every size and style.) Or (you see repairmen going in but you hardly ever see them going out) There where other funnier ones but I can't remember what they where. oh another ( your neighbor says "I'm in the mood for a mexican..I mean mexican ) hah haa haaaa
okay the other site I stumbled across has me so angry I just don't really know what to sy about it. It was about female genital mutilation and it had pictures that where horrifying. I can't imagine this happening to girls all around the world. It breaks my heart. There are organizations out there trying to stop it and I tell ya as soon as I get some money I am sending some to them. I had nightmares last night of someone grabbing my daughters and trying to cut them like that, I woke up screaming and crying.. just terrible terrible stuff folks. I strongly encourage every woman to help fight this somehow..I will try to put the link up here in a few minutes so you can see what I am talking about. Men feel free to fight this too!!!!
It is outrageous and should never happen ever to anyone PERIOD!!!!!!!

No comments: