Tuesday, January 11, 2005

my thieving daughters

I cannot believe what happeded today! My dad comes over and asks me where Pan is. I tell him that she is upstairs and he says get her and come over to the house RIGHT NOW! So we go over there and I am informed that Pan(my oldest daughter) while shopping with Gram yesterday instructed my youngest daughter to open her purse.She then placed a 20 $ sterling silver ring in said purse. She also apperently thieved a pair of underwear and a spray candy thingy.How we found out about this is that Wynnie (youngest daughter) had left her purse at Grams and gram opened it to see whos purse it was,and discovered the stolen property,when wynnie got home from school she went to Grams and was asked about it.
So off we go to the store to make the girls give back the merchandise and apologize for what they had done. We get to the store and the manager was very nice yet firm with the girls letting them know the seriousness of the crime, then he informs us that the ring may actually belong to the store next door but that he knows the manager and will take care of it.
Man I am so upset, I don't know what to say to these corn children!!!!!!
I of course lectured them and so did everyone else including there dad who I went a picked up this evening. And I let them know that If I ever got a call from a store that one of them had gotten caught stealing that I would have them go to Juvey. I will not pick them up, I will not make it right! THEY WILL!!!! I think wynnie got the point and she is only 8. Pan on the other hand has sticky fingers and this has been an issue for some time.
They have both lost privleges and all that, I just think there might be something else I can do to get it through there heads, I just don't know what that might be.... UG.......

3 comments:

gal artist said...

Wow, that sucks, I remember my older daughter when she was about 12 years old getting caught shoplifting in the mall, I was so upset with her.

naughtygirl said...

hi im jerzee, i hit a link on cedias to get here. my 6 year old likes to steal candy but he hasnt done it in awhile. i think its tough to make kids understand sometimes what exactly they are doing wrong. but you may have tought them a lesson. try not to stress tooo much

boabhan sith said...

Hmm...I'm not sure but I think this will help...I know from some experience.
Some punishments do NOT work, we all know that.
Here is one that is VERY effective, courtesy of my father.
You take them up and down to your neighbors and explain what's going on and that they are "as punishmetn" being lent out to do "free slave labor."

When you have to clean someone's REALLY NASTY DIRTY DISHES that you've never even met...it makes you think twice about getting in the same kind of trouble.
...hope this helps...escpecially if some one needs their toilets or trash cans cleaned!